I just celebrated my 19 birthday.Well not so much as celebrated but well i just turned 19.And i just got this real weird feeling like i wanted something i didnt have already.Weird i know but it's called the birthday blues.I didnt figure out what the problem was until after i had finished all my mobile balance up calling all my friends who were not with me.You see i know this really nice guy who i got really great friends with just recently and he goofs off and jokes around pretty much the whole time.But sometimes unknowingly he says something or asks something that leaves off a great impact on the other person.So the a couple of days before my birthday he asks me if I have any wishes for my birthday,If I wanted anyone there with me I didnt already have.I dont usually.You see I am a very practical person most of the time and I understand other people's situations.Like for example my big brother..He is working in the states and there is no way he can fly across half of the world just to be with me and celebrate my birthday.My friend himself for example.He has his classes and his office and as much as he wants there is no way he could come.But that conversation got me thinking.You see from childhood i have moved around a lot.Doha,India,Kuwait and then Doha again.I have friends everywhere,close friends.And every year i celebrate my birthday in a new place where i hardly have any friends.So i am pretty much used to it.Sure it hurts not having your loved ones around at a happy time like this but it especially hurt this year.I got to meet my old friends but i couldnt help but think of how much more fun it would have been with the rest of them around.No offense i had fun but when i got back home i couldn't help feeling sad and somewhat lonely.I missed my aunt more that day.You see she always made it a point to be there during my birthday and she always made it fun for me.Never let me feel lonely.But i guess life just has to move on.If there was any way i could bring all my friends together at one place I would do it.If i had the chance i would go up to heaven scold my aunt for leaving me all alone and then come back to earth( you never know who is gonna scream at you just for dying).I love all my friends who made my day that evening.Pampered and treated me even though it was just for a day!
There I have said it all now.So much for being practical.Haha.Nah i love my friends and my family and I miss all those people who cannot be with me but i know that they will always be there in my heart and never forgotten.And just maybe we'll dance in the rain next time together.
With love
Saturday, July 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment