The ultimate four words that could make the strongest students fall to their knees and cry for mercy. These are the words you cannot run away from. They haunt your once pleasant dreams and turn them into nightmares. Yup we all know what I'm talking about...E-X-A-M. No running away from it...no avoiding it...we all know it's going to happen sometime soon.
I remember once when I was in 7 grade. I was to appear in my last final exam of second language. I was quite confident and prepared for the exam. I went to bed that day thinking about it was such a great thing the next day was off and I would get really good grades in that subject. The next day my mother woke me up in the morning asking if I was sure my exam was the next day and that the school transport was waiting for me. Deep in sleep and feeling very confident I replied yes and went back to sleep. That same day my friend called me up and asked me why I hadn't turned up for the exam. I didn't believe her first but then the truth hit me hard. I don't ever remember being so freaked out ever. Thankfully I went and talked to the school officials and everything was sorted out and my world fell into place. But ever since that day there has been a certain fear for exams and even though all these years have passed I check my timetable twice a day just to make sure.
Though now things are much different. I remember my time-table all right..... just don't seem to remember what I am suppossed to do once I go inside the classroom. Now the fear is different but it's still there. Regretting has become a big part of my exam life. No matter how much I have studied I always regret not studying earlier. All the time. What's even funnier I sit and laugh about all the crazy moments i had during those few days.It doesn't matter how much I tell myself not to get scared it doesn' matter. Maybe you never really get over your fears..there's always a part of you that just doesn' listen. I am in college now and I have given enough exams to be able to get used to it but I am not.
Sometimes it's just as simple as taking a deep breath and counting to ten. But still Exams are exams.... it doesnt matter how deep you breath or how much you count to ten they will still give you the jitters everytime.
A.B
Saturday, April 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment